Saturday, July 12, 2014

Garden Perch

Everyday, Hubby amazes me.
I trudged home from a 3am shift at work and flopped to the floor before running out the door to attend an event with  family.
My playful bunny pranced around with me for five minutes before I had to head out the door again.
And right before I left, Hubs just tossed out a  "oh, when you get home lets put that swing together."
I could have peed my pants with excitement.
But I was running out the door....
So I looked forward, breathlessly, to getting home.
 
Of course when I did, he was finishing up chores, so I ate Chinese food leftovers and opened the front door eleventeen times, checking on him.
I mean, he was weeding poison ivy in the front yard, so I wasn't about to stop him.
 
And FINALLY, he was ready to put the swing together...
I'd been looking forward to this for MONTHS.
(Since he broke the old swing board with his bare hands. Hubby is strong)
And the board was rotten...
 
But I was so glad he participated, because it was a lot more involved than I thought.
First, he had to saw the old bolts off of the original hinges.


Those sparks tingle on the skin.
I had the hard task of searching for bolt halves in the grass.
Hubby always gives me the hard jobs...


Then he had to drill new holes into the board.


And jostle them in to place, after grinding off some of the rust.
 


And hammer them in to place and hammer down the hinge...
 

 
And then it was done!
And I LOVE it!
And Hubby. I love him too. And not just because he does what I want if I bat my eyes enough, or give him sad face or accuse him of destroying the old swing that brought me pure joy and true happiness...
 

 
And so I sat on it.

 
It is so hard to take pictures while balancing. I won't tell you whether or not I fell in to the Hostas.

 
This is where I will spend my summer.
Zoe VonSnugglebottoms can hop around her bunny palace.
And I'll be reading, drinking iced tea, and staring at my garden....
 
 
So Happy!

 
Hubs cut the board four feet long so I could really stretch out.
I LOVE the length...

 
And the foliage right next to it is great...

 
And the wagon wheel my awesome brother gave me for Christmas  is right next to it.


 
And I've got a great view o my bean teepee built with bamboo from my aunt.

 
It's gonna be a barefoot, swinging, iced tea kinda summer!
 
What's going on in your garden?
What kind of structures have you put in?
Where's your favorite spot in your yard?
Share, Share, Share!!!!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment