Saturday, July 5, 2014

Red, White, and Blue Dwarf Kale

Holidays in the good ole USA.
'Merica.
Land of the Free.
 
And after yesterday, Land of the FULL.
 
'Cause Americans can FEAST, given any possible occasion.
I've seen "half-birthday" parties, "you just got out of prison" parties, "you're single and alone but you like it that way" parties, and everything in between.
 
But celebrating our independence as a nation, man, can we put on a spread.
 
So I wandered out into the garden to see what I could forage up...


My bean blend has quite the mix of yummy beans...

And I pulled out more fistfuls of radishes...
 

And sat down on the patio in my star spangled pants to cut them.

Some of them were a bit small an nubby...

While others looked more like beets than radishes.

But when I was finished chopping everything up,
I had a nice batch of radishes and blue dwarf kale.

I picked what I think is the last of my harvest of snap peas.

Which I promptly ate because they are wretchedly addictive and I have no self control around a snappy, snap pea.
 
And then I made fresh baguettes and topped them with a little goat cheese and sliced radishes.
I had a delicious holiday.
 
How was yours?
Did you eat anything out of your garden?
Share! Share! Share!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment