Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Radi-licious. It's Spring!

You drop a handful of seeds in the earth.

You cover them with a smattering of dirt.

You water them.

It's hot and cold, and hot and cold, and hot and cold....

And while you're inside, alternating between shorts and sweaters and deciding whether or not you can live through those first few weeks of Spring, these little buggers pop up and give you the little push you need to get over the Winter Hump!

Radishes!
Clearly I need to work on my rows.
It looks like a drunk person put that row together.
Although, they say being in the sun for lengthy periods of time can be very similar to drinking
and can inhibit your ability to think clearly.
"Too much sunshine, Officer..."

...One of the earliest crop, and the easiest to grow!
And now that these have popped up, I can plant another row next to them
so that I have radishes for weeks instead of all at once.



Dew drops!

And if you were wondering if a tiny little seed could have any impact,
you put a few together, and they can change the world!
Er, at least their little dirt clod.
I'm sure there's a life lesson in there somewhere.
At least, they're determined enough to push aside a mountain of dirt to get to the sun...
...all so I can eat them in a few weeks.
 
I can't wait!
I'll be looking up homemade blue cheese dressing recipes.
 
What's happening in your garden?
Share, Share!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment