Tuesday, January 7, 2014

From seed to Home

Birds.
Love - Hate.
The little sparrows and finches make me coo at my window with my face pressed up against the glass.

But my Robin...
It's an "Extra" reject from Hitchcock's bird movie.
Rejected because it scared all the other scary birds....

That thing will crawl through my window one day and pull out all my hair for it's nest.
Hateful thing.

So I made a home for the little birds!

Last year I planted bird house gourds, and TADA!



It's my first attempt, and the antique nail was perhaps not the greatest idea. This went to a relative as a Christmas gift. I added antique keys as a sort of chime. I'm not sure how it will actually do as a house, but hopefully something will be desperate enough to take up shelter!

No comments:

Post a Comment