Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March Madness....

This is how I feel.
Because outside, it's nothing but madness...
Normally, Zone 6b is a happening place. It's time to put in the potatoes and the peas, spruce up the trellises, and clean out the last bit of last years leaves and weeds.
Because it is March. The 25th. It's practically over...
But it's snowing...
So it turned in to one of those curl up by the fire with a mug of coffee kinda days...
(Phillies! Represent!)

 I organized seeds that I'd gotten on my birthday...


Pulled out some fun, new garden stakes I picked up at an antique store mecca.
The antiques and terrarium garden room there makes me cry happy tears.
They have the best mix of new and old garden supplies and décor and even the neatest section of seeds.
 I picked up this fun spool of twine that came with handy dandy scissors which I will hang up on my potting bench when the snow melts and it's just a bit warmer than 30 degrees.
 And I was in good company.
 Apparently I am not the only one itching to get outside already.
This Gardenista is dying to get dirty...

And hopefully, with all the planning, my garden will end up a bit better than my March Madness bracket.
If random selection doesn't work for my bracket, I'm sure it won't work well in my garden.

What's going on in your garden right now? Share, share!!!

2 comments:

  1. Joe and I won't have a garden this year due to not having our own place and our current living situation is super shady. I DO think I landed a work share opportunity at Vollmecke Farms on Cedar Knoll Road, though! So I'll be doing lots of gardening and farming there! So excited for the good weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so exciting! I'm thinking about opening up my garden for crop-sharing. I'll let people come over and pull some weeds in exchange for some produce. Honor system style. We'll see how it goes!

      Delete