Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Godzilla and the Flu

Sometimes the flu is just the most wretched thing in the world.

And then there are the times when it is (and in the words of my niece) Totally Awesome.

Maybe you've never felt that way about the flu before. Maybe you've complained about the sweating and the grossness and the churning and the "surely dying" and the "if it's gonna all come back up I might as well eat a whole pie by myself" feelings that come along with being ill.

And they think I'M the crazy one...

The thing about the flu is, being out in public, especially at one's food industry job, is usually frowned upon by just about everyone.

Lucky me.

Trapped at home with piles of catalogues and packets of seeds, ostracized by humanity...

It's the perfect day.


I had a roaring fire in the fireplace....


And lists of plants with my most recent "final" garden layout...

Which I then set up as a 3d model, leaning the packets together that were going to climb trellises and laying the rest down in my mock garden design.

And I think I finally have it together. My garden at least. My mind is another matter...

Except for Godzilla. (We've mistakenly been calling her Zooey)
 
Who ate my "raised beds"...
 

Hopped all over my design and knocked over my trellises..

Ate my "dwarf column apple trees"...
 
Chewed on all the corners, picked up the packets, and threw them around the room...
 

And was all in all just to ridiculously cute to reprimand.
Having a bunny this year is going to make gardening super interesting.
Can't wait!!!
How are your plans coming? Share, Share,

 
Share!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment