Thursday, July 12, 2012

Harvesting Lunch...

I got home from work, stomach growling in protest to the coffee grinds I had licked out of my coffee cup this morning.

And that's why I consider my parking area at home to be rather fantastic, despite the little trek from the driveway to the back door that in winter I consider a supremely long journey across frozen tundra. In the summer, it's a lazy jaunt through my Babylonian roof top worthy garden. Or I'd like to think so...

And so I walked by my Bachelor Buttons,

And my Purple Queen Beans,


And my Cherry Tomatoes,

And my Nasturtium,

And my baby Red Leaf Lettuce.
And by the time I had gotten inside...

I had a rather tasty salad. Sweet tomatoes, crunchy beans, tender lettuce and peppery nasturtium leaves and flowers. I tossed it, oh so gently, with olive oil and apple cider vinegar, sat on my garden swing, and noshed down on the freshest salad possible.

How was your walk from your car? Eat anything tasty out of your garden lately? Share, Share!

1 comment:

  1. ahh i wish i could grow tomatoes in my garden.. they are wayyy more delish!
    http://yuliconversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete