Friday, July 13, 2012

Squash Parmesan

I have squash plants like a politician has ideas. They're all over the place and out of control.

But..., MY plants are productive.

(Insert your "Oh, snap; oh no she di'nt!)

This photo was taken four weeks ago.

This was taken two days ago and I'm buried in here...



And I'm fairly certain I just saw Professor Challenger being chased by a dinosaur.

I've got limelight and 8 balls all over the yard.

They are growing to the size of pumpkins before I can even find them.

So I feed them to my Hubby. And I snitch a bunch myself. :)

I gather them, wash them, slice them, and then do THIS very wicked thing to them. But hey, it's a vegetable. It's good for you... right?

I dip them in egg wash and toss them in seasoned (with herbs from the garden) breadcrumbs...

And then I fry the little rascals in hot oil...

I layer them in a dish...

I top them with tomatoes or sauce... (from last year's harvest or this year's, hopefully)

And a generous portion of mozzarella cheese...
And I add layer after layer after layer until I can go no higher...
And then I pop it in the oven for a few minutes just to get the last of all that cheese nice and melty...

And then I nibble at the corners until it's time for dinner...
And hope that my family stays far away from my house So I won't have to share...

It's that season!!
What are you doing with your squash? Share, Share!!!

2 comments:

  1. Man, I definitely need to visit you more. That looks amaaaaaaaaaazinnnggg (like you!)!!

    ReplyDelete