Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wisteria Arbor

Hubby built me the coolest arbor for my wisteria. As long as I agreed to trim it back a bit...
Which is fine, since it was growing into the eaves a bit and wrapping it's tendrils around the house like it was trying to crush it in a Kraken vice grip.

I love my new arbor, which will look especially fantastic when the patio remodel is done.

But I couldn't help myself anyway so I went to a big box chain that I normally hate, but they had these fantastic little vases...
So I wrapped wire around the glass and tossed a votive in there and...




I think it looks pretty good.

The wisteria looks half scrawny right now. I'm hopeful that a heavy pruning will give me blossoms next year. And there are already a dozen shoots filling it in around the lower branches again.

Hubby thinks it looks good too.

As long as it doesn't tear our house down.

What garden structures do you have in your yard?

Share, Share!!!


2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! We have a nice little stone wall that English Ivy is absolutely destroying! I kind of can't stand English ivy... Honestly, I've been trying to kill it for months with vinegar and boiling water. That stuff is the Arnold Schwarzenegger of the plant world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we had to take down three trees over 100 feet tall because the ivy had climbed to the tipy-top, and no matter how many times you chopped the roots down, it would not die back. :P

      Delete