Monday, July 16, 2012

There's something about real rain...

...and my hose just can't compete with the rending of the skies and fat globules of water from heaven.

Especially not three straight days of it.

6 days ago I planted another slew of vegetables to come just as the last of my mature plants slowly start to dwindle away. The rain came at the perfect time and fat stalk of green have been popping up out of the ground.

And I can't wait to see how they turn out because I've got some neat heirlooms in the ground.


I've got Nero Toscana Kale, Easter Egg Ball radishes, Tri-colored Cauliflower, Baby Round Zucchini, Multicolored Beets, Yellow Pencil pod beans, more sugar snap peas, and Long Island Brussel Sprouts.


And with all the rain, I had an abundant crop of produce today. I got limelight, 8ball and straight neck squash; there were Mr. Stripey tomatoes, Brandywine pinks, Italian ices, Black krim and a half dozen banana peppers. It's time for Pico De Gillo...


And Zucchini Bread. And Zucchini Pizza, and Zucchini stuffed boats, and whatever else I can think of because I have Zucchini come from every corner of my garden.

Any ideas? What are you harvesting from your garden?

Share, Share!!! And Maybe I'll share with you... food that is. Come and get some Zucchini Pizza!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment