Friday, November 23, 2012

Chimichurri!

Chimichurri.
 
I'd say enough said, but you might have no idea what I'm talking about, because if you're like me a few years ago and someone mentioned that word out loud, your mind would jet off to a rolled up fried Mexican dish thing of some sort. With a side of rice.
 
And you'd be so wrong. And sad.
 
Because Chimichurri will make anything taste better.
And if you haven't been eating it, food has not been living up to its potential
I don't eat meat, but I'd almost be willing to like this off of a steak. Even if it was on Hubby's plate.
I made this bottle myself. Well, what's in the bottle. The bottle is a reused, rinsed out wine bottle.
And here's how it goes...

Throw 1 cup of really tightly packed fresh herbs in a food processor or good blender. I recommend either Cilantro, Parsley, Cilantro or Cilantro. You can choose any of the four, but I'd personally go with the cilantro.

With the processor whirling away, add 1/2 cup of olive oil, a couple to a few cloves of garlic, a splash of red wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp (I do 2 tsp, but I'm crazy) or crushed red pepper, and a few pinches of salt and pepper To Taste.

And I mean "to taste" it. "To taste" it with your finger and adjust it until you love it. And "To taste" it when Hubby turns his back, when you are sitting alone on the couch with the dirty food processor bowl, and "to taste" it with whatever porous/nook/cranny edible surface there is in the fridge. "To taste" it until it's gone. And that will happen before the dishes get done. Easily.

Put it on fish, steak, veggies, salad and do to your chimichurri what I did with mustard as a child (okay, young adult). Drizzle a little on each finger and then just lick em like there's no tomorrow.

I had (have) issues. But try Chimichurri and so will you. And I haven't even gotten to Avocado Chimichurri yet. You're not ready.

Have you made Chimichurri before? How? On what? Share, Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment