Monday, March 18, 2013

Philly Garden show and UN-Hibernating

I'm BAAACKKK!

Spring is right around the corner and the crazy holidays of work are behind me and the insanity of graduation season looms in the near future.

And since Hubby won't let me become a full-time farmer (he doesn't think I'll commit fully to the overalls. And he's right) I keep my crazy job, that I love, to pay for my obsession with gardening.

But spring is here, so I'll find as many excuses as possible to be outside with my arms sunk up to my elbows in mud and manure. And if you're a gardener, you know there's no better place to be.

Unless it's looking at other people's gardens.

Or going to the Philadelphia Garden Show. Bronchitis and all. (Sorry Philly!!!)

So here's a few shots to get you through this bizarre last month of winter...

 Hello British Gardens!

Lots of fun displays this year...

From the ultra modern

To the Homemade rustic

With quint mailboxes

 
And artwork made from the tiniest petals and flora imaginable

With displays that made you want to climb up for a sit

 And drool worthy potting sheds

To gorgeous cold frames

And even the totally "say what now?"

 With an emphasis on whimsy

And fun

To Alice's tea party

And Recycled crushed glass borders

With fairytale trails that led to nowhere

To the eerie crime scenes at 221B Baker Street

And who could forget the star of the show

And the emphasis on British Bands

And the creepy, deathly gardens of the alleys of London circa Jack the Riper days

Spooky and mysterious

To the simplest concrete vegetable gardens

And the yummiest displays

And a hint of what's to come in just a few weeks

With the bright colors of spring...

Can't wait for next year!!!!!
Did you go to the Flower Show? Did you see any of the seminars or cooking demonstrations?
Share! Share!

No comments:

Post a Comment