Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pretty! Awful...

I adore "Global Warming." And now that it seems to have gone away for the week, I miss it a lot.
I know it's still winter.  I know I'm selfishly wishing it away. Somewhere out there was a little kid holding a sled, staring out the window, over the barren wasteland of hibernating grass, praying for snow. And today, that child is shrieking with laughter, running up hills and sliding down them at break neck speed.

And I'm at home, tucked away in a corner of my basement, wrapped in the largest scruffiest sweatshirt and slippers, plotting my indoor batch of spinach. And when I find that child come summer...

Though I have to admit, it is beautiful outside.

But i'd rather enjoy it from a distance. So maybe I'll curl up instead with the world's largest marshmallows bobbing around in a cup of homemade orange zest hot cocoa and page through my "Complete Illustrated Book of Herb" book, for fantastic gift ideas for next year. I want to be my own little apothecary...

My poor hubby...

No comments:

Post a Comment