Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Bat:Man-eater

So sure, bats don't eat people. They turn them into vampires. ALWAYS. It's a scientific fact proven over and over again by Hollywood.

And so I happily jumped up and down when my bat house arrived via Amazon at my doorstep because I was pretty excited-- because everyone knows that the first thing to do as a vampire is find fictional, awful Edward Cullen, and destroy him- because you're a newborn and you can. And if you haven't watched Twilight, good for you; skip ahead.



So, I opened up my package and like a fool I believed the "So EASY, Children can do it!" slogan, and went about happily pounding nails into the wood, bending them all which kind of ways, splitting and chipping a bit here and there-- but it came together.

And it must work REALLY well...

Because I rested it on the living room floor, where it belongs, and went about feeding my Hubby a delicious meal of spring vegetable risotto and salmon.

And midway through dinner, while discussing something important (I think it was which tape measure belongs on which level of the house) we were dive bombed by a BAT.

I'm not kidding.

Apparently that house works really well.

Or it was because when searching for and fetching the yellow tape measure (which belongs in the attic, not the basement) I must have left the door open a bit too long and the bat took the opportunity to sneak into the house. Over the last day or TWO.

But... since I'm not a vampire, I suppose I slept well enough. Though the shreiking and the hiding under the table is something Hubby will be able to hold over me for a while. Hey, I said I wanted bats, but I really didn't expect them to come over for dinner.

I rechecked the packaging. No mention that the bat kit comes with it's own bat. Still, I'm pretty thrilled with it.

Do you have any fun bat experiences? Share!

2 comments:

  1. wait...so you have bats living in your attic? that's eerily hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was walking the dogs in the evening and a bat flew into my hair and got stuck for about 3 seconds. He whispered sweet bat nothings in my ear.

    ReplyDelete