Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring is in the air, everywhere I look around... And it's winter.

As Charlie Sheen would say, "Winning!"

And if you stayed inside today, it must have been because you were locked up in prison (at least here in Zone 6). And if you were locked up in prison, I hope you had a cell with a window, because it was gorgeous outside!

And so, I frolicked.

I cleaned that horrific dead growth from the mailbox and played with worms the length of long slithery snakes. And I must say, third year gardener or not, I still shriek like a girl when half of one falls into the inside of my glove.

I finished planting my indoor seedlings: strawberry spinach, peppers, herbs and tomatillos...

I planted peas.

I watered the brassicas under the cloches and in the cold frames and I soaked in that vitamin D I have been craving for months. And I lay down in the dirt and took pictures. I love the smell of fresh spring dirt.

Even though it's winter.



What did you do today? Play outside? Plant things? SHARE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment