Friday, April 27, 2012

A Gardenista's Retreat

I love a warm spring rain. It seems to have magical powers that my garden hose cannot mimic. My plants have doubled in size in the last week with all the rain we've been getting here.

And so have the weeds.

They're taking over.

And so, the Bumbling Gardenista that I am, I called a retreat. Because they can mellow for a day or two and the taller they get, the easier they are to pull. Right?
Any excuse to quit the garden for a day in order to play with a fun new project...

So I went to Home Depot to create the perfect Retreat for my retreat. And since our patio project is ever pushed back by the weather and unexpected weekend surprises and trips, Hubby was on board with making the front porch a little bit more "gather friendly."

And so I got this...


A fun pillow with a crazy pattern that inspired the whole shebang....


 So I put some matchy-matchy flowers in some matchy-matchy pots


 And put them on a repainted antique stool given to me from my grandmother



 I Love the different textures and colors!


So I threw a rug under my bistro table set, and Tada!


 If that sunbeam isn't inviting to you... well we probably wouldn't get along well anyway. ;) The chair bathed in light is mine. Hubby prefers the shadows.


I threw a couple more pillows on an old bench, painted to match the plant stand/stool...

Plopped some clematis in the window box by the front door...

Re-hung the chimes given to me four years ago at my bridal shower by a dear friend...

Slapped up another flag, because you can never be too proud of where you've come from...

And sat on the porch like it was early 1980's and all was well with the world.
Throw a house coat on me and perm my hair into the infamous Jessup Pouf, and I'm living in my grandmother's shoes.

Who says sipping tea on the porch while waving at the neighbors is out of style?

Let's bring it back!!!

Oh, and one of the best parts?... my container plants are weed free.
It's a stress free zone.

What does your front porch look like right now?

1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous! I have killed all plants i ever bought... :(

    would you like to follow each other?
    http://www.yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete