Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Rainy Day

The ground is saturated through and through, soaking all those new seeds I planted the other day and saving me from watering the garden this morning. A happy little blessing since I have a yucky cold... You know in the movies, when there is a giant alien, monster or dinosaur lurking above the victim, waiting to eat them and the giant blob of drool or slime hits the victim on the head or shoulder and they touch it with their fingers and it comes away as this massive gross blob, then they look up and get eaten? I'm the alien/monster/dinosaur today. I just don't intend to eat my poor mucused victims.

And without knowing I was feeling a bit under the weather, my wonderful mother-in-law sent this single little piece of paper in the mail the other day, which cheered me right up.
I don't know why people don't like their mother-in-laws. Mine is just ducky.

I'll be on the couch with a cup of dandelion tea and a sprig of mint, wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket and covered in Organic Gardening Magazines.

What gets you through those sniffling, gross colds?
I'm looking forward to a big bowl of freshly-picked-vegetable soup.

Share, Share!

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I adore my mother-in-law, but I've heard stories about some pretty terrifying ones. Also, what gets me through colds? Sleep, a good book, and some delicious tea. Basically, what you said...

    ReplyDelete