Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Easy Herb GardenTecnique

Sorry, no catchy title. Thought I'd make it easier on you today.

I had a few extra bare spots in my garden. (Who ever thought that would happen?)

And I had a few extra herb seed packets lying about.

And I hate poking little holes for each little microscopic seed.

So I found this great idea online to use up ALL of these extra fellas....

Choose a packet of seeds...

Put a generous amount of the seeds in your hand  like so...

Then scatter them around on the ground like so...

And then sprinkle a few handfuls of dirt around the area (about a 1/4" worth)...
Viola. Done. So easy. I used up all the extra seeds I had, sprinkling them in clusters. I'm sure they'll overlap a bit, but I should still be able to figure out what I'm eating.

I edged the bed with edible flowers for a pop of color...
Hopefully, the few beds I put around the garden perimeter will keep the animals, pests, and bugs at bay. This was so much easier than planting them individually and can be repeated again after the first batch is picked.

The seeds I scattered around are already popping up-- only two days! It seemed like it took so much longer in the pots.

What did you do with your extra herbs? Are you holding them over for next year or did you use them all up in fun, creative ways?

Share, Share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment