Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Things I Did today

There's a Bunny in my yard. But it's okay. I've got one of those toy airsoft guns which won't do much more than give Bunny a little welt. I do love bunnies, but when they start to eat all the leaves off of my beans and they nibble on my radishes, it's time to pull out the airsoft. Which I've nick-named Elmer Fudd....

But first I sprayed this organic "odor" all around my garden which is supposed to make bunnies and deer turn around in disgust. And apparently humans as well, though they say that the smell will dissipate as it dries. Thank goodness... (shudder) But should it fail to work, Elmer Fudd is willing to take care of Bunny.

And so while I kept an eye on Bunny and my garden, and Razzle Dazzel, my playful chipmunk who decided romping around in my potato straw was the most fun and exciting thing he could do all day, I wrapped mason jars in burlap for vases for floral arrangements. But alas, I have few "flowers" in my yard at the moment, and the ones I do have are supposed to keep the horn worms away, so I tried to get creative....

Oh Dear...

 


Sedum and Scotch Broom. I liked the bold green and red together...


Japanese Maple and Holly Berries. I don't think the picture does this justice at all. Typically when I think of reds or berries, I think of fall, so I was happy to find something to "mix it up".

Coral Bell Flowers, a silver fern, and another green fern. I liked all the different colored "ferny-looking" plants together...

Purple alliums and wisteria shoots...

Roses, sedum and little yellow weeds. Simple and sweet...


Sedum, Coral Bell flowers and tall wispy grass. This one doesn't get due justice either. It's my favorite of the bunch...


What do you use out of your yard for arrangements?

Share, Share!!!
(for goodness sake, someone please!)  ;o)

1 comment:

  1. You are too damn productive. I'm jealous of your gardening skills.

    ReplyDelete